A family business retreat is one of the most important strategies used to help strengthen the communication system in a family-owned business.
This two-day event, located at world-class lodges throughout the region, features a national family business consultant and educator. Both large group and private family sessions with facilitators are offered. Families have the opportunity to spend some quality time away from the office; switching from working “in the business” to working “on the business” and “on the family.
The next generation program is designed to empower, engage and enthuse the next generation of family business leaders. The goal is to help the next generation learn more about the family business and assist them with a smooth transition into the business. The program is uniquely designed to accommodate the future leaders in each family business.
- Understand and be better equipped to manage the complexities of family businesses
- Developed leadership and communication skills
- Understand the intricacies of being part of a family enterprise
- Communicate information and resolve conflicts constructively
Those who should consider attending a Next Gen Retreat:
- Between the ages of 18-40
- Not yet employed in the family business
- Recently began working for the family business
- Working in family business and beginning succession conversation or process
- Interested in developing skills in areas such as emotional intelligence, leadership development and business development skills