The PFBA recognizes several exemplary family businesses each year with an “Excellence in Family Business Award”.
Family Business Award recipients selected demonstrate the following qualities:
- Multi-generational – At least two generations are currently working in the business, or the business has already transitioned from one generation to another within the family.
- Contributions to community – Contributions are made through leadership roles, volunteer service and/or financial support.
- Character – Integrity and honesty are values of the family business.
- Employees – The business genuinely cares for the personal well-being of employees and recognizes their contributions to the success of the business.
- Success – Proven success and growth of the family business since its founding.
Awards & Legacy Tours
Awards recognize local family businesses who have been committed to excellence throughout multiple generations. Award events include a tour of a local legacy family business, which includes behind the scene stories and facilities. These are local awards sponsored or endowed by an individual family and include an intimate dinner.
Vicki Clarke Prairie Family Business of the Year Award. The recipient of this award is selected from the annual local award winners. This prestigious award, in memory of Vicki Clarke, is presented at the annual conference.
Heritage Family Business of the Year Award. This award is presented each year to a family business that has been in business for 75 years or longer.
To sponsor an award or to nominate a family business, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-274-9530.